Happy first day of spring! While summer might be the traditional kickoff to rosé season, I see the world through pink-colored (wine) glasses all year long, but most especially in spring as the weather warms up.
Last year, I learned I was pregnant right around the the start of the season so I had to go without. In the end, I got my own little “Whispering Angel” but now I’m ready to drink in pink.
guzzling (ahem) taste-testing different varieties over the next few weeks to make my picks in time for Summer but in the meantime, here are a few of my solid standbys (in no particular order):
- Whispering Angel – Provence, France
- Weingut Jäger Zweigelt Rose – Wachau, Austria
- Domaines Ott – Provence, France
- Bastianich Rosato di Refosco – Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Wolffer Estate Rose – Long Island, USA
Need help pairing with food? Enjoy this cute infographic to help you make selections. And for those of you celebrating Easter next weekend, remember rosé is a great pairing with ham!